Warriors who reach level 40 in Vindictus have the opportunity to make a fateful decision – whether to become a Paladin or a Dark Knight. Whichever path they choose, they’ll get the ability to briefly turn into an incredible engine of destruction.
With the launch of “Pillar of Strength,” the Paladin/Dark Knight transformation skill will undergo some significant changes. The result of this will be a better balanced and ultimately more powerful skill.
The biggest change to the transformation skill is that it’s no longer one skill, but two. Once the update goes live, Dark Knights and Paladins will have first stage and second stage transformations. In order to reach the second, more powerful stage, players will first have to pass through Stage One.
Stage One Transformation
The Stage One Paladin/Dark Knight transformation is slightly weaker than the pre-update version. As before, transforming into your alternate form will give a significant boost to your character’s Attack scores, Stamina, and Hit Points.
What the Stage One transformation loses in sheer power however, it makes up for in utility. The biggest hurdle to using the skill – the need for 10 Ability Points and a full SP bar – has been removed. The Stage One transformation is now a clickable skill available once per hour at any time.
Powers, abilities, and limitations
- The Stage One transformation does not automatically confer protection from knockback. This skill can be improved by the addition of Skill Points.
- The following skills can now only be improved to level 3:
- Time Limit: The Stage One transformation lasts for exactly two minutes. Once utilized, it cannot be used again for one hour.
Stage Two Transformation
Stage Two is the new, more powerful form of the Paladin/Dark Knight transformation. If Stage One has lost approximately 25% of the power of the pre-update skill, Stage Two boasts a 50% boost over the previous version of the skill. In addition to a brand new look and transformation animation, the Stage Two Paladin or Dark Knight boasts a pair of impressive new skills.
Powers, abilities, and limitations
- The Stage Two transformation requires 10 Ability Points and two full SP bars in order to trigger. You must also be in the Stage One transformation.
- The Stage Two transformation can only be acquired after using 10 Skill Points in Paladin/Dark Knight skills. The eleventh Skill Point can be slotted into the “Second Transformation” skill in the newly redesigned Paladin/Dark Knight Skill UI. One transformation does not automatically confer protection from knockback. This skill can be improved by the addition of Skill Points.
- New Paladin Skill: Conviction
– an aura surrounds the Paladin, damaging enemies around him or her while absorbing damage done to the character. .
- New Dark Knight Skill: Fissure
– The Dark Knight summons a gigantic spike from the earth that strikes their enemies.
- Time Limit:
The Stage Two transformation lasts for up to one minute. This minute, however, is taken from the Stage One transformation time period.
- If the Stage Two transformation is triggered during the first minute of the Stage One transformation, Stage Two will last exactly one minute. After that time, the character will revert to normal and the skills may not be used again for one hour.
- If the Stage Two transformation is triggered during the second minute of the Stage One transformation, Stage Two will only last the amount of time remaining for Stage One. For example, if a player triggers Stage Two one minute, thirty-two seconds after triggering Stage One, Stage Two would only last twenty-eight seconds – the time remaining for Stage One. - Vindictus Team -