January Complete Patch Notes
2013 was a banner year for Vindictus. With the release of Episode 3 and the introduction of new playable character Hurk, it was an awesome year to be a Vindictus fan. 2014 is going to be even better, and we're kicking off the year with a ton of new updates, fixes, and revamps. Read on for all the details:
[New Skill] Shield Enhancement
- Shield Enhancement skill can be learned upon reaching level 15.
- Can only be used when equipping a Longsword type weapon and Small Shield.
- Shield Enhancement is a skill that puts more power in the shield and makes the Counterattack more powerful.
- While the effects of Shield Enhancement is maintained, the Counterattack will increase in damage.
- Shield Enhancement requires 250 SP.
[New Skill] Shield Dash
- Allows a player to keep shield raised while dashing forward.
- When activated, you are able to dash twice in the direction of your choice.
- Shield Dash skill can be learned upon reaching level 15.
- The Shield Dash cooldown reduces at higher ranks.
- Shield Dash requires 50 SP.
- When using Shield Charge, a max of 4 hits can occur.
- Each time a monster is hit, Shield Charge damage was reduced.
- Slashing High can now be applied to Shield Charge.
[REVAMP]Focal Point skill
- Damage has been increased and can be triggered/activated when pressing the smash button during Shield Dash.
[REVAMP]Heavy Stander Counter
- You can now easily trigger Heavy Stander counter after a successful guard, but the damage has been reduced.
- The cooldown for the taunt has been reduced and the duration is increased by one after each Rank.
- The skill range has been increased along with the number of monsters effected.
[REVAMP]Fiona's Hammer play Improvement
- When Slashing High is in effect, 2 additional attacks can be performed during Butterfly Swing, which then can be transitioned/lead into the Stigma Hammer.
- During the Stigma Hammer phase, the speed of gathering power is increased.
[NEW SKILL] Continual Focus
- Continual Focus allows you to continually maintain the same stage of Focus even after the Focus magic skill is used.
- Can only be used if a staff is equipped.
- Continual Focus can be learned upon reaching level 52
- Continual Focus requires 125 SP
- You can use focus magic and use the Casting Save right away.
- You are able to attack 5 times in a row when Continual Focus effect is applied.
- When Mana Amber skill is cancelled or gets cancelled, you will receive no damage for a short period of time based on the skill rank.
- Super Armor is applied for a short duration after use, the duration of this effect is increased based on the skill Rank.
- The skill radius for Fire Storm hit box has been increased. You could now hit an enemy even if you were front or the side of it.
- Damage caused by Fire Storm Rank F has been reduced for balancing.
- The cooldown for Firestorm has been reduced.
- Damage caused by Lightning Wave Rank F has been reduced.
- The cooldown for Lightning Wave has been reduced.
- Damage caused by Ice Spear Rank F has been reduced.
- The cooldown for Ice Spear has been reduced.
- Damage caused by Ice Blast has been reduced.
- The cooldown for Ice Blow has been reduced.
- The cooldown for Guided Lightning has been reduced.
- The cooldown for Fire Shock has been reduced.
- Magic Arrow now grants more SP for Ranks 4 & 6.
[NEW SKILL]Sword's Will
- Can only be used if Twin Swords are equipped.
- Skill can be learned upon reaching level 52.
- Sword's Will skill allows you to maintain the Blast Heart Level 3 given duration without the skill level decreasing.
- When used, the status effect of Sword's Will has a 40 second duration.
- Sword's Will requires 500 SP
- Cross Cut is now more usable than before due to its omni-directional change.
- You can now switch to Cross Stance after using Cross Cut.
- You can continuously countertattack since you can now switch to Cross Stance during Cross Cut.
- The effects of Blade Heart Skill has been changed.
- Blade Heart Rank 3 can be triggered if you land a charged Gust Sting.
- The skill rank of Blade Heart will decrease upon receiving a normal attack or knocked down hit.
- Typhoon Slash can now be triggered if you hold the Smash button after 1 hit.
- Skill delay for Typhoon Slash is reduced at higher ranks.
- Typhoon Slash will not trigger if you quickly tap the Smash button.
- 4 hit smash can be linked if you pressed Smash right after using Typhoon Slash.
- Typhoon Skill now costs 125 SP
[REVAMP]Vella Smash Improvements (After 3 Hit Smash)
- Weapon Swing speed has been increased.
- Final attack after 3 hit smash damage has been increased.
- 2 hit Smash triggers if you press Smash button after dodging.
- The Skill rank caps has been changed, you can now reach Rank 6 for Thunderous Squall.
- The Skill rank caps has been changed, you can now reach Rank 6 for Deadly Storm.
Storyline/Battle Quest Updates
- Several skill sets have had their prerequisite storylines removed.
- Requirements pertaining to skill storylines have been re-adjusted.
- Since certain storylines were removed, we've adjusted the title reward to correspond with the characters level.
[REVAMP]Season 1 & 2 Storyline:
- Some of the contents were changed/deleted.
- Rewards for each character has been modified
- Battle sectors of dungeons have been modified.
- Episodes have been streamlined for better gameplay experience.
- Carriage requirements have been removed.
- The amount of Gold reward you will receive upon completing a Season 2 battle have been reduced.
- Movement speed of the Defensive group has been increased.
- Movement speed of the Speed group has been increased.
- Grab could now be accomplished during the normal attacks of all characters.
- Grab range has slightly been increased.
- Stamina consumption in PVP has been reduced/modified for all characters.
- In Siege Match, fixed a bug where characters would keep moving even after a bomb they were holding exploded.
- Kai's Chain Link now has a fixed duration regardless of skill rank.
- Fiona's Guard skill will now block all attacks including smashes.
- The first Smash of Karok's Cestus no longer counts as Weaving.
- Burst damage caused by Karok's Cestus has been decreased.
- Hurk's Transcendent skill now has increased HP consumption.
- Hurk's Dash skill is less likely to Smash.
- Hurk's Revenge skill now properly replenishes HP.
- Evie's Hallucination cooldown has been reduced (only in PvP).
- Vella's Blade Heart has been rebalanced for PVP.
- The Awakening level does not increase above level 3.
- If a Battle Scythe wielding Evie hit while attempting to dodge before a Blink, an invincibility buff occurred for 2 seconds.
- Raider's shoes are now visible.
- Junior Chieftan pets now properly recognize nearby mining points.
- Gun Kai's Perforate skill no longer causes the client to crash.
- Combining the Champion top and Rosebud bottom no longer causes a graphical.
- Fixed the incorrect icon image of Thor's Greatsword.
- Modified the Shadow effect on Hurks Heremon Helmet.
- Artifacts can no longer be traded.
- Fixed a bug where players died while story loaded.
- Players will now properly receive rewards upon joining a guild.
- Players in different towns can no longer chat with one another.
- Players Will no longer be able to Whisper to opposing team during PvP
- Characters no longer receive SP for hitting an Evil Core.
- Screen no longer turns black during the Battle Quest, "The Secret."
- The Kraken no longer drops players into the ocean.
- Players will no longer receive an incorrect error message when using a Storage Chest Expansion Ticket.
- Fixed an issue with the Treasure Chest Evil Core crashing the client.
- Fixed a bug where Kai's bow would freeze after consecutively activating Longbow Standing Shot.
- Modified/revised the dialogue for the skill: Standing Endurance.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Karok's Clash skill to be used with no cooldown.
- Fixed a bug with the Season 2 Boat UI.
- Fixed an error with the Mission Board, My Missions time.
- Fixed an issue with the Screenshot Error not saving to the correct directory.
- Revised/changed some of the prologue when creating a new character
- Added color to the users character that appears during the Dialogues with NPC's.
- Removed the background layer/image from the Party Window
- The Options button was moved/relocated to the second lowest position
- The Font color of the 1:1 chat tab has been changed to red.